The Learning Activities /Workbook can assist students to integrate the skills, knowledge and attitudes for providing excellent hospice and palliative care and is an excellent companion resource for the text, “Essentials in Hospice and Palliative Care: A Practical Resource for Every Nurse.”
The Learning Activites/Workbook includes:
- Reflective exercises on beliefs and baggage – to build mindfulness as part of a healthy nursing practice, and to help remove personal barriers to providing excellent hospice and palliative care
- Short answer activities – to lay the foundation of terminology and concepts for nursing practice in hospice and palliative care
- Role-plays to develop the practical skills and the neural pathways for responding in care-giving situations, learning relational skills and ways of being
- Puzzles – stimulate the mind and build understanding of new concepts and medical terms
- Case studies – to understand real-life scenarios of nursing care, and develop capacity to respond in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Discussion topics- as a way to broaden each nurse’s understanding of the diversity of points of view, and develop strategies for communicating in difficult conversations
The activities in the workbook will assist nurses in developing their confidence, to uncover their own barriers to providing care and to create a scaffold of self-care to assist them to stay healthy in their practice of nursing. This resource is designed to help every nurse to become more competent, confident, and compassionate in providing excellent care to those who are dying and their families.
Available in print and as a digital resource (selected packages).