Students and educators listen to the podcasts to supplement their knowledge
Boost your knowledge of hospice and palliative care by listening to these podcasts on principles and practices of hospice palliative care. Listen and learn at school, at home or when traveling. An easy way to boost learning and retention.
- Informal role plays
- Warm and informative interviews with current leaders in hospice palliative care
- Teachings from Kath Murray and her collaborative cast of care providers
Some of the concepts students learn from the podcasts are:
- Strategies for providing comfort for common symptoms of dying
- Skills for taking care of themselves
- How to develop self-awareness and therapeutic boundaries
- Using standardized tools when working in hospice and palliative care
- Ways of communicating about death and dying with the dying person and family
Use podcasts to boost your learning!
Use these podcasts to supplement lecture and reading materials, to help you to quickly and easily acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes for providing hospice and palliative care.
Listen and learn at school, at home or when traveling – as many times as you want!
– Informal role plays
– Warm and informative interviews with current leaders in palliative care
– Teachings from Kath Murray and her collaborative cast of care providers
Podcasts will help you:
– Understand changes in dying, and why care of the dying is the responsibility of every member of the health care team
– Develop self-awareness
– Maintain therapeutic boundaries
– Know when to integrate a palliative approach
– Provide culturally safe care
– Understand how to use standardized tools when providing palliative care
– Develop best practices in providing palliative care
– Build communication skills for working with vulnerable people and their family
– Learn ways to provide comfort measures for people experiencing common symptoms of life-limiting illnesses
– Develop skills for providing care in last days and hours, to support the dying person and their family
– Learn essentials skills for taking care of yourself, when working in palliative care.