Flexible hospice palliative care training in Group Courses with LDM Online
An online program teaching hospice palliative care skills to nurses, health care workers, volunteers and family interested in learning about death, dying and bereavement.
- What is the course work? This is not your typical distance learning program. Yes there are readings. But that's just the beginning. There are discussion forums, group interactions, teleconferences, local and virtual field trips, guest speakers, art projects, videos and online chats.
- What are the due dates? Dues dates for courses are on Thursdays, with the first assignment due on the first Thursday after the course begins. We also list due dates with the course information at LDM Online.
- Is there a real live Instructor? Yes, in the 5 week online courses you will receive personalized feedback from the instructor to guide you in your learning. The instructor is available to answer your course questions throughout the course. Instructors also participate in the learning forums, responding to assignment postings and stimulating online discussions.
- What type of help is there? The Help section on the TOP MENU contains answers many of the common questions about learning with LDM Online. As well, we offer virtual tours to orient learners to the LDM Online website - teaching where assignments are, how to post assignments, how to participate in discussions...you get the idea. Plus you can also call us toll free for help at 1 888 788 6781.
- Improve your employability and enhance your caregiving skills by completing LDM Online courses. In today's employment market, job seekers need to show initiative and have skills to make them stand out. Completing courses with LDM Online shows your initiative AND develops skills that are in demand in today's job market.
- Seeking Accreditation? Complete the optional Assessment to receive a letter grade for your course.
Integrate theory and enrich your palliative care practice as you study with dynamic facilitators and diverse participants from around the globe in a creative fun environment.
For more information on the hospice palliative care courses or HPC program requirements, please contact the Program Director, Kath Murray, and she will be pleased to answer all of your questions or assist you with your enrollment.